Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Another Look at The Protocols of The Elders of Magic

Well, as predicted there are now people who are selling their copies on eBay as well as people who are raving about how they got ripped off in buying this book.

Perhaps the stupidest argument I've heard is that this was a quick money scheme on the part of Max Maven. Yeah right. This guy is making money hand over fist in seven different countries, appears on Television regularly in those countries, has several other books that he makes a lot of money on because they are regularly selling and many different effects on the market. He gets booked all the time and doesn't need to make 'quick cash.'

This book was limited to 500 copies only and sold for $40.00. It took him three years to compile all the information that went into it. At best that means $2000.00 tops for three years of work. And he's not getting that much money because he's not getting all the money for it.

Do the math people. It doesn't make sense.

No, this book is clearly a labor with a specific purpose and it's going to take someone smarter then most of these people to figure it out.

I know that I've gotten something out of it and I've shared that knowledge with a limited number of people. They all have gotten much the same from this book as I have. Have we gotten what Max intended out of the book?

I don't know.

Next time I see Max I'll ask him.

2 comments:

Trickster said...

I thought the book sold for $50 and even if it was only $40 500x40=20,000 not 2000.

Santiago said...

Yes, your absolutely right. My math went out the window on me.

However, that being said, it's still not a great profit on a book compared to what he could make over the course of just a couple of lectures.

I'm just not convinced that this was any kind of a "money making scheme" as so many people have accused.