Friday, March 16, 2007

Spammers at it again....

For anyone out there who is getting SPAM that says it's coming from the Santiagos Magic domain name, I do apologize. It isn't coming from me at all. Some SPAMMER has latched on to my domain name as a way to try and hide the source of the messages. You can tell this from a number of different ways, but primarily you can see it in the fact that the addresses used are nonsense. For example I never send out messages from:

dwsch@santiagosmagic.com

Any random assortment of letters before the @ is a sure sign it is a SPAMMER.

And for what it's worth, every day now I'm getting several hundred bounced messages instead of the jackass who is sending them.

Not a lot I can do about it, but there is something you can do about it.

If you happen to get a SPAM from what appears to be my domain, or really ANY SPAM, please use the on-line SPAM reporting tool: SPAMCOP.

This tool will allow you to run the SPAM through a quick process that generates email complaints to the actual network administrators of the domains and ISP's really being used. Those people can shut the offenders down.

It's free and it works. I've been using it for years now.

Thanks,

Santiago

No comments: