Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Searching for Inspiration

Where do you find inspiration?

It's interesting to me that many magicians don't seem to find inspiration at all. I mean that they simply use the "patter" that comes with the trick they bought and that is all they do.

The nature of the artist is, in my opinion, the ability to push yourself beyond the usual boundries. And if you look at the range of most popular magicians out there, they are all defined by the fact that they are inspired by something outside of the magic that they do.

Inspiration comes from so many places, but I've begun to wonder if inspiration is a kind of infinite loop. If each art form takes some inspiration from some other art form. Ultimately I suppose all of these art forms take their inspiration from life. The often repeated phrase "art imitates life" certainly comes to mind.

And certainly we have seen many a person who tries to live a life which imitates art.

Is there really a circle of inspiration here?

Makes me wonder.

No comments: